IVMCC PRIVACY NOTICE
Independent Volunteers Monitoring Covid Care (Hereafter referred as IVMCCl) is committed to protect your personal health information in accordance with the Data Privacy Act of 2012. We have written this Privacy Notice to let you know what and how we collect, use, process, store, retain, share and protect your Personal and Health or Medical Information when necessary to perform our services and processes effectively, safely and efficiently and in accordance with the law corporate policies.. In it, we explain the types of Personal Information we collect, how we collect it, what we use it for and who we may share your Personal Information with.
I. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
The personal information we may collect from you or from your authorized representative are the following, but not limited to:
- Basic personal information such as your name, date of birth, gender at birth, nationality, and identity supporting documents including SSS ID, Driver’s License or Passport.
- Contact Details such as Residential Address, telephone or landline number, mobile phone number, and email address.
- Payment details such as your bank, credit card number, and mode of payment.
- Health or Medical Information such as your medical history and diagnostic results.
- Social Media Profile and/or postings and information.
- Any other personal information appearing from other commercially available sources that are reasonable and necessary to process and perform our services.
II. WAYS WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
The personal information are collected by means of the following, but not limited to:
- Personally giving us your personal information and relevant health information when you avail of our health care products and services.
- Supplying us your personal information and relevant health information through your duly authorized representative.
- Supplying us your personal information and relevant health information through a third party that you gave consent to disclose.
- Supplying us information when you contact us (through email, telephone, social media, etc ), visitor view our online website and advertisements.
III. HOW WE MAY USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
As a general rule, IVMCC does not and will not share personal data with third parties except as necessary for the proper delivery and performance of its services and goods.
As your healthcare partners we are permitted by Law to make certain uses and disclosures of your personal health information without your specific/written authorization. Your personal health and medical information shall be used and disclosed for the following, but not limited to;
- TREATMENT. Personal health information may be shared with doctors, nurses and other healthcare providers who are involved in your treatment.
- PAYMENT. As compensation for your healthcare services, we may use your personal health information to perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation, and collection activities.
- OPERATION. We may use and disclose your personal health information in conducting our healthcare operation. Operational activities include review of accuracy and completeness. In cancellation of transaction or agreement of service, personal and health information will be used for verification. If ownership and members of our organization should change, your personal health information may be disclosed to the new entity.
- SUPPLIER OR BUSINESS PARTNER. In connection with treatment, payment and operation activities, we are acquiring the services of third parties performing activities for or in our behalf whom we may share and disclose your personal and health information.
- APPOINTMENTS, REMINDERS, HEALTHCARE SERVICES INFORMATION. We may use your contact details for purposes of notifying your appointment and/or inform you of our services that may interest you.
- BUSINESS OPERATION. We may use your personal health information for business purposes to provide the services you avail, to inform you about our products and services and to manage our sites or clinic branches and other services. We may also use your personal health information for data analysis, audits, crime/fraud monitoring and prevention, security, developing new products and/or services, testing, enhancing, improving or modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our organization.
- PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE. We may disclose your personal health information to your duly authorized personal representative. For example, the parent or legal guardian of a minor is considered as personal representative.
- PUBLIC HEALTH AND SAFETY. We may disclose your personal health information to public.
- LEGAL ACTIONS or LAW ENFORCEMENT. We may disclose your personal health information when required by the law and/or government authorities, such as in the course of legal proceedings such as receipt of subpoena from the court of law.
We may also disclose certain personal health information as we believe is required, necessary, or appropriate under the following: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes and/or respond to requests from competent public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, security, safety, and physical and intellectual property, and/or rights of our affiliates, you, or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- OTHER ACTIVITIES. To perform other activities consistent with this Notice. We do not sell your personal and health or medical information to marketing companies outside of our organization. We generally process your personal information only for those purposes that we have transmitted or communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented, if required by law.
IV. YOUR RIGHTS
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the personal data you entrust to us from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. The following is a summary of your rights regarding your personal health information:
- Right to access your Personal Health Information
- Right to request restriction of access
- Right to limit and prevent disclosure
- Right to amend personal health information
- Right to authorize other uses
- Right to receive notice of privacy breach
Unless one of the conditions above applies, we will not use or disclose your personal health information without your prior written consent.
V. MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to correct, update, delete, or request access to the personal information that you have provided to us, you may contact us by: visiting the web site;
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data complete and current.
VI. STORAGE OF INFORMATION
We have a Records Retention Policy and abide by other laws that provide higher privacy protection such as Republic Act No. 8504 or the Philippine AIDS Prevention and Control Act.
The information we collect may be stored and processed in servers located in Singapore wherever our service providers have facilities around the globe and in accordance with local laws.
VII. RETENTION PERIOD
We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. We retain the Personal Information we collect only if we need it to support justifiable business requirements or when our lawful purposes for using the information are still relevant. When we no longer require Personal Information we or our third party suppliers will securely delete and/or archive the information.
VIII. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Our products and services are dynamic and the form and nature of the services may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy notice from time to time and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this privacy notice, and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check back often to review the latest version.
The new privacy notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised privacy notice.
IX. CONTACT US
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices, you can contact us by using our website www.ivmcc..org. Please include your contact information and a detailed description of your request or privacy concern.